Join Our Team
Our fellow “Millendoers” are all about making it happen. We have a strong focus on our patients, plan our strategies with rigor, deliver quality work and make meaningful contributions by collaborating with others.
Millendo Therapeutics is publicly traded (Nasdaq: MLND) with headquarters in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and additional locations in Lexington, MA and Lyon, France.
Find out how you can thrive and grow with a potential career with us at Millendo Therapeutics. We are always interested in receiving resumes of talented individuals. If you are interested in sending us a resume, please submit it to email@example.com.
Notice to Recruiters: Millendo Therapeutics does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters and will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited. We handle all recruiting through our Human Resources team. Recruiters who wish to offer their services to Millendo may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact hiring managers directly.
Millendo Therapeutics has committed itself to fostering workplace development, diversity, and inclusion (WDDI) at Millendo and across the biotechnology industry. We are dedicated to being at the forefront of efforts to develop a diverse and talented global workforce. To that end, we affirmatively support the following WDDI Principles adopted by the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO), and pledge to do our part to foster diversity and inclusion among our employees, customers, and patients. Link to BIO: https://www.bio.org/diversity
Current Job Opportunities
The Chief Business Officer (CBO) is a key role for Millendo Therapeutics and will be a major contributor in shaping the future success of the company. He/ she will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, as well as negotiating and completing significant business transactions within large pharmaceutical and/or top-tier biotechnology companies to include partnering, licensing, and M&A.
This role will be based in Ann Arbor, MI
This is a full-time role
The CBO must have a broad business orientation and will have responsibility for the following:
- Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and members of the executive team to drive Millendo’s corporate strategy and long-range plan based on the identification of opportunities for internal discovery and product development.
- Seek ex-US commercialization partners for programs.
- Represent Millendo both internally and externally to effectively present to pharmaceuticals and biotechnology organizations the potential benefits from partnering or licensing purposes.
- Design an executive business roadmap of potential partners and opportunities that will enable Millendo to be the leader in Endocrinology
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop technical, commercial and financial assessment of all new business opportunities.
- Monitor competitive intelligence by keeping up to date on market trends, competitors and opportunities.
- Provide regular presentations in various company forums including company and Board of Directors meetings. Ensure that all relevant supporting documentation for transactions (including external presentations, opportunity reports, management presentations, Board memos and other deal communication materials) are of the highest quality and are prepared, reviewed and approved as appropriate.
- Cultivate a strong and effective partnership with R&D team to evaluate the potential new compounds and to integrate a commercial perspective early in the research and development process.
- Advanced scientific degree preferred. MBA a plus.
- Over ten years of business development experience within the pharmaceuticals and biotechnology industry, identifying new products with in-licensing, out-licensing, and strategic partnering opportunities.
- Proven track record of identifying opportunities and, structuring, negotiating and closing transactions including strategic alliances, M&A, licensing agreements, joint ventures, equity investments, etc. In depth knowledge of financial analysis, corporate and product valuation as necessary to engineer such deals.
Extensive transactional experience with evidence of value creation.
- Deep analytical and financial modeling experience.
- Exceptional communication and influence skills, with the ability to inspire confidence and work successfully with varied audiences including industry partners, financial institutions, Board of Directors, fellow management and employees, with a strong executive presence.
- Entrepreneurial, collaborative, energetic self-starter with strong interpersonal and analytical skills and proven ability to work effectively with a CEO and other senior management as a strategic partner.
- Strong scientific orientation, ideally with rare/orphan or endocrinology therapeutics and can establish and maintain credibility with internal and external scientific and business experts.
- Desire to be part of a team and organization where scientific and business excellence are shared values.
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively as a member of the management team.
This position reports into the President and CEO and will be a member of the Executive Team.
We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We respect individual differences, embrace diversity throughout the organization, and value the unique strengths of each employee. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status.